REVISED ITEMS FOR TROOPS (based on actual troop suggestions)
Christmas / Holiday suggestions - Please note all holiday boxes are usually shipped by November 17 each year, giving the packages plenty of time to arrive! This deadline is per the US Postal Service. We continue to collect items to ship all through the year and these donations are always appreciated.
PLEASE DO NOT DONATE THESE ITEMS AT THIS TIME: HARD CANDY, PLAYING CARDS, GUM, MICROWAVE POPCORN, SOAP
OVERSEAS Troops' CARE PACKAGE & CHRISTMAS PACKAGE SUGGESTIONS
Christmas lights small boxes
Small plastic Christmas ornaments
Christmas Stockings filled with fun items
Food / Snack Items individual sizes are the best
No Home-Baked Goods
No Perishable Foods
No Pork Products
Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels
Good Ground Coffees (Starbucks, Peets, Its A Grind, etc)
Creamer and sweetener and sugar packets
Flavor herbal or regular tea bags
Pre-sweetened powdered drink mixes (Crystal Light, Gatorade, etc.)
Hot Chocolate Packets
Hot Cider Packets
Tuna or Chicken Creations / Lunch Kits with condiments
Small plastic bowls to heat microwavable items
Pop Tarts, Breakfast Bars, Instant Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat packets
Granola Bars or Cereal Bars
Fruit Snacks (roll ups or gushers)
Chocolate only between November and April
Girl Scout Cookies
Cup a Soup or Easy Mac (individual servings)
Nuts - small cans or packets
Good razors & shaving cream (for the guys & non aerosol)
Body wash or shampoo (small sizes)
DVDs (TV series, comedy movies, NO VHS tapes please)
Good quality boot socks for women and men
Boxer Type underwear - all sizes
Batteries all sizes in original packaging especially Lithium 123 size for flashlights
Lady's underwear - small to medium sizes, 32” - 34” support bras
Hand held games or board games (small travel size)
Puzzles & word game books (small travel size)
Recent Tabloid magazines only (STAR, People, In Touch not older than 3 months!)
Squishy Balls, Squirt Guns, Velcro Darts, Nerf footballs, (any small sport type)
Zip Lock Baggies (snack and sandwich sizes)
Service men and women love getting any mail - even if it is just a letter with a funny photo or comic strip in it.
Office Depot or Staples Gift Cards to purchase office supplies to keep administration costs down.
Four to Five storage boxes to keep supplies clean. Size: 27-1/8” x 16” x 12-3/8”
- Please do NOT send more microwave popcorn, hard candy or gum. I believe we have enough to feed all of Iraq.
- We also do NOT need anymore playing cards or bar soap.
- Please do NOT send alcohol or pornography It is illegal - soldiers can get in trouble.
Try www.MOTOMAIL.us if you have a military person's address. These letters arrive within a couple of days and are great to open right after a mission.
PRAYERS were on almost every request.
At this time, we are no longer accepting paperback books.
Additional Packaging Information - Click here
ITEMS FOR HOSPITALIZED VETS
- Tide Laundry Detergent ONLY (small boxes to store in hospital room)
- Large Bath Sheet Towels (solid colors ONLY)
- Swiffer refill pads
- Albertsons Gift Cards (this store is within walking distance of the hospital)
- Outback Steak House Gift Cards
- Best Buy Gift Cards
- Hooded Sweatshirts M, L, XL, 2XL sizes
- Breakaway Pants - easier to dress with injuries. M, L, XL, 2XL
- CDs and Held Electronic Games & Cartridges
- Batteries all sizes
- Athletic t-shirts: no sleeves - gray or black all sizes
- New outer wear T-shirts (not underwear) all sizes
- Zip-up, hooded sweatshirts - grey or black - all sizes
- 120-minute prepaid phone cards
- Electronic Games & Players (hand held)
- Puzzle Books
- Cards of encouragement - marked “Injured Vet”